Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lady Artisan Flask Funnels

Today I worked on a silicone mold that needed to be repaired for the third time! I now know why the mold is tearing so this time the repair should last.






Lady Artisan Flask Funnels are quite popular. They are a visually pleasing way to be certain not to lose your good spirits as you fill your flask. These Flask Funnels are designed so that you can hold the flask and funnel in one hand as you pour with the other.

The Dragon Flask Funnel has an imperfection in the narrow tube section of the funnel that rips the mold as the cast metal is removed from the mold. This happens after about 20 castings. To fix this permanently took several steps.
  1. I worked on a cast Dragon Funnel, not the original sculpture, using wax to fill in a tiny hole that catches on the silicone when the sculpture is removed from the mold.
  2. I put the cast Dragon Funnel back into the mold.
  3. New silicon was poured into the damaged area of the mold.

If this repair works the mold will provide castings for years to come. If it does not prove resilient then I plan to replace the problematic part of the silicone mold with steel.

8 comments:

  1. Hi- Nice blog! I am following you from the Etsy Bloggers--Please come by and return the favor and follow my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello lady artisan. I stumbled on your blog while working on my own art blog. A travelling artist! I am a part-time travelling artist. I work a few months a year and then take off and travel doing art projects all across the country. Then stop and work again. I would love to share ideas and strategies with you sometime. I am now following your blog and will be keeping track of your blog for sure. Check out my blog sometime:

    beardedbunnyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pg slot99 เกมสล็อต ค่าย พีจี ถือเป็นค่าย เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ มาแรงตลอดหลายปี ที่ผ่านมา เปิดตัวใหม่ มาใน รูปแบบเกมสล็อต 3D มีเกมสล็อต น่าสนุกตื่นเต้น ที่นักเดิมพัน ในการเข้าเล่น

    ReplyDelete
  8. เว็บ สล็อต ออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ในทวีปเอเชีย เป็นเว็บออนไลน์ ที่ดีเยี่ยมที่1ของไทย พีจี สล็อต ระบบน่าไว้วางใจ เล่นได้ จ่ายจริง ไม่มีต่ำ ฝาก-ถอน เร็วทันใจเล่นง่ายไม่ยุ่งยาก ทำเงิน ได้จริง

    ReplyDelete